Us


I was very excited when contacted to contribute art to America Scores' "Inspired Art" Auction.  The organization promotes self-expression, teamwork and exercise through a unique combination of soccer and poetry for children.
For this piece, I chose the poem, "Us," written by one of the program's participants as my inspiration. Full poem after the jump!




US
Evelyn S.

We have so much fun.
We go out and run.
She and I go out in the sun.
We just relax and lay down in the field
Before we run.
When we go on a ship we have fun all day.
We use this game back then and figure out how to play another way.
When I leave her house I walk  by myself.
When she  leaves my house I know she walks by herself.
But
We are a tree
Branches stuck together
We have the strongest bond
US!

Popular Posts

Image

DigOLDtal